The all-in-one solution for voice-based data acquisition
The name “smatrix” stands for “speech matrix”, i.e. an application that populates cells in a given matrix (ideally Excel) with data, using speech for input and dialogue.
To be more specific, smatrix is the ideal solution for voice-data capture, which has proven to be extremely beneficial in trial and testing environments, especially in agriculture. Voice dialogues in the field data acquisition facilitate significantly higher data quality and can greatly accelerate the approval process. This method enables reliable documentation simultaneous with the determination of evaluation scores. The user can concentrate on the symptoms or test properties without constantly having to switch to data input via stylus or keyboard.
smatrix presents the following features:
- Data collection and navigation completely via voice input
- Input control via voice message, smartwatch or using a conventional on screen method.
- Excel as the universal platform, also compatible with third party software, e.g. ARM
- The speech input catalogue can be tuned to your specific scenarios and requirements.
- Voice processing is done completely offline; no online connection is necessary during data capture.
- Hands-free/eyes-free: Your hands and eyes are free to do your examinations; having to switch your focus between data collection and data input has thereby become unnecessary.
- Optimised user interface for outdoor use – excellent readability and operability even in bright sunlight
- Configuration can be changed quickly and easily with touchscreen during the evaluation.
- Available in German (DE), English (US & UK), French (FR & CA) and Spanish (ES), additional languages to follow
The application runs parallel to Excel and provides virtual feedback of the voice recording during the examination process. You can even set parameters in the field quickly “on the fly” by using the configuration menu of the voice input. Many commands can be input directly via the respective voice commands, but the software has also been optimised for touchscreen operation on a Windows tablet. The screen is only necessary for the initial configuration of the Excel workbook; from then on you can do your data capture completely without visual feedback (or you may continue to use the touchscreen or a smartwatch to control the process).
Additional information is available at smatrix.systems