The all-in-one solution for voice-based data collection
The name “smatrix” stands for “speech matrix”, i.e. an application that populates cells in a given matrix (ideally Excel) with data, using speech for input and dialogue.
To be more specific, smatrix is the ideal solution for voice-data capture, which has proven to be extremely beneficial in trial and testing environments, especially in agroscience. Voice dialogues in the field data collection facilitate significantly higher data quality and can greatly accelerate the approval process. This method enables reliable documentation simultaneous with the determination of evaluation scores. The user can concentrate on the traits or test properties without constantly having to switch to data input via stylus or keyboard.
smatrix presents the following features:
- Data collection and navigation completely via voice input
- Input control via voice message or using a conventional on screen method
- Excel as the universal platform, also compatible with third party software, e.g. ARM or piaf
- The speech input catalogue can be customiced to your specific scenarios and requirements
- Voice processing is done completely offline; no online connection is necessary during data capture
- Hands-free/eyes-free: Your hands and eyes are free to do your assessment without having to switch your focus between data collection and data input has thereby become unnecessary
- Optimised user interface for outdoor use – excellent readability and operability even in bright sunlight
- Configuration can be adjusted quickly and easily by the touchscreen during the evaluation
- Available in German (DE), English (US & UK), French (FR & CA), Dutch (NL) and Spanish (ES), additional languages to follow
The application runs parallel to Excel and provides visual feedback of the voice recording during the examination process. You can even set parameters in the field quickly “on the fly” by using the configuration menu of the voice input. Many commands can be given directly via the respective voice commands, but the software has also been optimised for touchscreen use on a Windows tablet. The screen is only necessary for the initial configuration of the Excel workbook; from then on you can do your data collection completely without visual feedback (or you may continue to use the touchscreen to control the process).
Additional information is available at smatrix.systems